1. How to Make Tea (Present Tense)
- Boil a glass of water in a kettle/teapot.
- When the water is still boiling, pour half a glass of milk into the boiling water.
- Add two teaspoons of tea powder and sugar into the boiling content.
- Stir the tea and serve hot.
First, a glass of water ____ (1) in a kettle or teapot. When the water is still boiling, ____ (2) into the boiling water. Two teaspoons of tea powder ____ (3) into the boiling content and finally, tea ____ (4) and ____ (5) hot.
- is boiled
- half a glass of milk is poured
- is added
- is stirred
2. How to make noodles (Past Tense)
- Boil a glass of water in a pan.
- Add the spices to the boiling water and stir for a minute.
- Crunch the packaged noodles and empty the packet into the water.
- Add green peas and curry leaves of your choice.
- Leave the mixture to simmer for three minutes and serve with tea or coffee.
This is how I made noodles yesterday. First, a glass ______ (a) pan. Next, the spices ____ (b) water and ____ (c) for a minute. Following this, the packaged noodles ____ (d) and the packet _____ (e) into the water. Next, green peas and curry leaves of ____ (f) to the preparation. Finally, the mixture _____ (g) for three minutes and served with tea or coffee.
- is taken
- is added
- is beaten till the brown coffee powder becomes a
- is poured into the cup or glass
- is stirred with teaspoon and chocolate is sprinkled over it
3. Making tea – Present
- Boil three glasses of water. (boiled)
- Add milk to the boiling water. (Added)
- Drop tea powder or tea leaves. (Dropped)
- Sprinkle sugar and stir the tea. (Sprinkled, stirred)
Answer | Be sure of the tense!
To make tea, first three glasses of water is boiled. Then, milk ___ (a) to the boiling water. Tea powder or tea leaves are dropped into kettle and ____ (b) and the tea is ____ (c).
4. Plum Galette
- Make the dough at least an hour in advance.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the cubed butter to the dough and use your hands or a pastry blender to work the butter into the dough until the mixture resembled crumbs.
- Add the sour cream to the mixture and mix in with a fork.
- Gather the dough into a ball with your hands and flatten into a disk shape.
Answer | Be sure of the tense!
To prepare plum Galette, follow the instructions below. First, the dough ____ (a) at least an hour in advance. Once that done, the flour, ____ (b) in a large bowl. Next, the cubed butter ____ (c) and your hands ____ (d) to work the butter into the dough until the mixture resembled crumbs. The sour cream ____ (e) and mixed in with a fork. Finally, the dough is ____ (f) into a ball with your hands and is flattened into a disk shape.
5. Let’s make Coffee!
Given below are a set of instructions for making coffee. Complete the following paragraph reporting wht you did.
- Take a teaspoon full of coffee powder in a cup or glass.
- Add a little water.
- Also add a little sugar.
- Beat the mixture till the brown coffee powder becomes a creamy paste.
- Boil milk.
- Pour the boiling milk into the cup or glass with the creamy paste.
- Stir with a teaspoon and sprinkle chocolate powder over it.
- A steaming cup of coffee is ready.
A teaspoon full of coffee powder (1)___ in a cup or glass. A little water along with some sugar (2)___. The mixture (3) _____ paste. Then the milk is boiled. The boiling milk (4) _____ with the creamy paste. The mixture (5)___ and (6) ___. A steaming cup of coffee is ready.
6. Making Lime Juice – Past
- Slice a lemon into two equal halves.
- Squeeze the slices in a squeezer.
- Collect the juice in a mug or in a half liter cup.
- Add chilled water, sugar or salt and stir the mixture.
Answer | Be sure of the tense!
This was how I made two glasses of lime juice for my friends the other day. First, a lemon was (a) ___ into two equal halves. Then the slices (b) ___ in a squeezer. After this, the juice (c) ___ in a mug or in a half liter cup. Finally, chilled water, sugar or salt (d) ____ and the mixture (e) ____.
7. Lemony Powdered Poha – Method of preparation
- Wash, remove stems and slice the green chilies.
- Grind flattened rice / poha into coarse powder.
- Wash the powdered poha with water and keep aside.
- Leftover water will eventually be soaked by powdered poha.
- Heat oil in a pan, add peanuts and roast them until light golden brown.
To begin preparation, the green chillies are ___ (a) and their stems ___ (b). Next, flattened rice/poha is ___ (c) into coarse powder. The powdered poha is then ___ (d) with water and ___ (e) aside. Do not worry, the leftover water will eventually ___ (f) by powdered poha. After oil is ___ (g) in a pan, peanuts are ___ (h) and ___ (i) until they turn light golden brown.
1. Let’s wash some clothes
Given below is a set of instructions for washing clothes. Complete the following paragraph which describes how clothes are washed.
- Mix a cup of some good quality detergent powder in about 8 to 10 liters of warm water in a bucket.
- Whisk it well so that the powder dissolves into a rich lather
- Soak dirty clothes in the water
- Leave them for half an hour.
- Rub the clothes with hands.
- Rub a little dry powder on extra dirty parts of the clothes.
- Squeeze the soupy solution out of the clothes.
- Rinse the clothes at least twice in clean water.
- Squeeze out extra water from the clothes and spread them in the sun for drying.
It is very easy to wash clothes. First of all, a cup of some good quality detergent powder (1. ___) in a bucket. It (2. ___) rich lather. Next, dirty clothes (3. ___) half an hour and then the clothes are rubbed with hands. A little dry powder (4. ___) on extra dirty parts of the clothes. The soupy solution is (5. ___) out of the clothes. The clothes (6. ___) at least twice in clean water. Finally, extra water (6. ___) for drying.
It is very easy to wash clothes. First of all, a cup of some good quality detergent powder is mixed in a bucket. It is whisked well so that the powder dissolves into rich lather. Now dirty clothes are soaked and left in the soapy water for half an hour. After half an hour the clothes are rubbed with hands, a little dry powder is rubbed on extra dirty parts of the clothes. The solution is squeezed out of the clothes and then the clothes are rinsed in clean water at least twice. Extra water is squeezed from the clothes and then they are spread in the sun for drying.
2. How to start a website
- Contact a domain provider.
- Secure a domain name for your website.
- Seek professional help from a server provider.
- Purchase a theme from www.themeforest.com.
- Create web pages with the help of an admin panel that the server-side provides you.
Follow these steps to own your own WordPress website. At first, ___. Next, a domain name ………… Following this, professional ………… Once that done, a ………….. from www.themeforest.com. You are almost done. Once the server is ready, web pages ………… with the help of an admin panel that the server-side provides you.
3. How to Buy online
- Visit the seller’s website in order to purchase anything from it.
- Select the item or items you wish to buy.
- After this, add the item to your cart.
- Next, visit your cart and move on to checkout.
- Specify your payment method such as cash on delivery or credit card payment.
- If you wish to pay by credit card or debit card, enter your card details.
- Once that done, pay the bill amount and buy the item.
At first, the website of the seller (1. ___). The item or items you wish to buy (2. ___). After this, the item (3. ___). Next, your cart (4. ___) and move on to checkout. On the check out page, your payment method (5. ___). Your card details (6. ___) if you wish to pay by credit or debit card. Once that done, the bill amount (7. ___) and the item (8. ___).
4. How to Bind a Book
- Take a paper size bigger than the book you intend to cover.
- Wrap the book inside the paper.
- Tuck the open sides of the paper into the backside of the cover.
- Trim the overlapping corners at the back of the book
- Fold and tuck back the upper and lower edges as neatly and meticulously as possible.
- In order to cover a book, first, a paper size bigger than the book that you intend to cover ____.
- Secondly, the book is ____ paper.
- Next, the open sides of the paper ___ into the back side of the cover.
- The overlapping corners at the backside of the book is then ____.
- Finally, the upper and lower edges ____ and ____ as neatly and meticulously as possible.