Mild or Moderate Covid-19
- Covid-19 (the illness caused by SARS-CoV-2) has a range of clinical manifestations, including cough, fever, malaise, myalgias, gastrointestinal symptoms, and anosmia.
- Diagnosis of Covid-19 is usually based on detection of SARS-CoV-2 by PCR testing of a nasopharyngeal swab or other specimen.
- Evaluation and management of Covid-19 depends on the severity of the disease; patients with mild disease typically recover at home. Midh
- Patients with moderate or severe Covid-19 are usually hospitalized for observation and supportive care.
- There are no proven therapies for Covid-19; thus, referral of patients to clinical trials is critical. 7306140877
- Infection control and prevention efforts center on personal protective equipment for health care workers, social distancing, and testing.