Charlie’s Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl is one of the best novels for children. This is the story of a chocolate factory where Charley works for a living.
- Wonka is a chocolatier.
- He is very much uncommon, with many odd qualities.
- He confuses most of the people who meet him.
- He loves nonsense and mischief, but can’t tolerate ugliness.
- He is said to be full of life.
- His eyes are mischievous eyes. They look like a goat’s eyes.
- For all these reasons Wonka is one of Dahl’s most famous characters.
- Wonka says that he had traveled to the space.
- Charlie is the title character and the protagonist (the lead character).
- He is very kind and brave, but also extremely poor.
- He lives with his mother, his father, and his four bed-ridden grandparents.
- He is very dedicated and hardworking.
- He has a special love for chocolates.
- Charlie is generous and selfless.
- He is honest because he admitted his mistakes and apologized.
- Oompa-Loompas are creatures from Loompaland.
- They are small people with long hair.
- They are workers in Wonka’s chocolate factory.
- Wonka met them when he had traveled to Loompa Land.
- In Loompa Land, the Oompa-Loompas had so many enemies.
- Their favorite food is cocoa beans.
- Although others stole the cocoa beans, the oompa-Loompas did not steal.
- There was shortage of cocoa beans in Loompaland.
- They are as mischievous as Wonka.
- Oompa-Loompas insist on wearing the same clothing that they wore in Loompa Land.
- Grandpa Joe is Charlie’s grandfather.
- Although he is over 96 years, grandpa is very energetic.
- He loves to tell stories.
- He is very optimistic (positive thinking)
- He is very helpful.
- He is loving and caring.
- Gloop is incredibly greedy and the first child to find a Golden Ticket.
- He is also the first child to fail Wonka’s tests.
- Gloop eats an extraordinary amount of chocolate.
- His mother encourages his over-eating habits.
- Augustus leaves the factory when he drinks from the chocolate river, and falls in, getting sucked up a pipe and sent to the Fudge Room.
- Veruca is very spoiled girl.
- She is the second person to find a Golden Ticket, and the third to leave Wonka’s factory.
- She doesn’t get any respect in her family. She is rather a brat (misbehaving person).
- Veruca also doesn’t care about other people’s property.
- She frequently bullies her parents into getting things for her.
- She is sent away when she interferes with the squirrels that Wonka trains to choose nuts for his chocolate bars.
- She is judged as a ‘bad nut’ and sent down the garbage shaft.
Violet Beauregarde /boogaad/
- Violet is a girl who can never stop chewing gum.
- She is the third child to find a Golden Ticket and the second to be sent away from Wonka’s factory.
- Violet is always chewing something.
- She claims that she has been chewing the same piece of gum for three months without a break.
- She is also very competitive and has won many gum chewing competitions.
- The gum turns her into a human blueberry, and she is rolled away to have the juice squeezed out of her.
- Mike, who loves to watch television.
- He finds the fourth Golden Ticket.
- He is also the last one to be ejected from the factory.
- Mike loves TV and electronics much more than he likes people.
- Mike leaves the factory after he tries to teleport.
- During the teleport, he reduces his size and becomes a dwarf.
- He is taken away by the Oompa Loompas to go to the taffy stretching room.
- Charlie’s father.
- He works in a toothpaste factory screwing caps onto tubes of toothpaste.
- Though his job is simple, he works extremely hard and cares deeply about his family.
- Charlie’s mother.
- She keeps the household running while Mr. Bucket works long hours at the factory.
- She takes good care of all four frail grandparents, and she is a loving mother to Charlie.