- Where was Philip Sletherby going? Why was he feeling very happy?
- Who was Honoria Saltpen Jago?
- What was the political condition under which Philip Sletherby was wanted by the party managers?
- Parliament re-election at Chalkshire,
- The candidate didn’t want to get re-elected,
- Party managers (leaders) shortlisted Philip Sletherby.
- In what sense was Honoria Saltpen Jago the new acquaintance of Philip Sletherby?
- What made Philip Sletherby think that he was ‘on approval’ for the party’s candidature?
- What was the club acquaintance’ opinion about Sletherby’s going to Brill Manor?
Bertie Saltpen and Philip Sletherby
- How do you describe Bertie?
- What was Bertie cursing and searching?
- What all did Bertie carry in his waist-pocket?
- “The vigerous pantomime did not draw forth any remark from Sletherby, who resumed…”
- What does the author mean by rigorous pantomime?
- What did Bertie Saltpen refer to as “coincidence?”